Harvest Box - Aug 11 to Sep 15
The Harvest Box Subscription is an 6-week produce box subscription that starts Wednesday, August 11th. Each box will include 6-7 local/seasonal items (ex. squash, tomatoes, ground cherries, peaches, berries, apples, herbs, greens, Elmira's Own tomatoes, greenhouse crops (ex. cucumbers, peppers), root vegetables, etc.) Boxes will contain a mix of conventional and organic/ecological produce.
The Harvest Box will not provide you with enough produce for the entire week, but it will give you a seasonal sampling of what's available locally! It's geared toward 1-2 person households or small families.
Farms that we source produce include:
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- Elmira's Own Tomatoes (Elmira, ON)
- Fertile Ground Farm (St. Agatha, ON)
- Romagnoli Farms (Beamsville, ON)
- Maple Crisp Orchards (Elmira ON)
- Little Fields (Bright, ON)
- We also buy from the Elmira Produce Auction, a cooperative of farmers selling locally grown wholesale produce.
First Pick Up: Wednesday, August 11th
Last Pick Up: Wednesday, September 15th
Cost: $150 paid in full (which works out to $25 / week). Or a deposit of $50 with the remaining balance due the first day of pick up.
Should you have any questions, please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (18 Ontario Street North) on Wednesdays between 2pm and 6pm.
1) What do I need to do when I pick up my box?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 6pm on your pick up day
- Drop your name with a Legacy Greens staff member and we'll check you off the list.
- Please bring a reusable bag :)
2) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact: email@example.com
3) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- Free 30 min street parking in front of our store on Ontario Street
- Free 2 hour street parking in the downtown core
- 2 hour parkade parking at Charles & Benton or Duke Street (between Ontario and Queen). $3.20 for the first 2 hours.
- Unofficial Parking after 5pm at the Scotia Bank parking lot across the street