Greenhouse Box - March 18 - April 8, 2020
We are featuring an Ontario Greenhouse Box that will get us through until Spring! The Greenhouse Box will feature approximately 5 items per week (and runs for 4 weeks), including: Elmira's Own Tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, greens, microgreens, herbs, and hopefully some sweet greenhouse strawberries.
The Greenhouse Box will not provide you with enough produce for the entire week, but it will give you a sampling of what we have available in greenhouses, right here in Ontario! It's geared toward 1-2 person households or small families.
Farms that we source produce include:
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Elmira's Own Tomatoes (Elmira, ON)
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- Working Centre Grow Greenhouse (Kitchener, ON)
- Elmira Produce Auction (Elmira, ON)
First Pick Up: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Last Pick Up: Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Cost: $84 (which works out to $21 / week).
Should you have any questions, please let us know! email@example.com or 519-760-2535.
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (18 Ontario St. N) on Wednesdays between 2pm and 7pm.
1) What do I need to do when I pick up my box?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 7pm on your pick up day
- Drop your name with a Legacy Greens staff member and we'll check you off the list.
- The boxes are made of card board and are intended to be taken home and either re-used in your home or re-cycled. Should you want to limit your consumption of cardboard in this program, you may decide to bring a re-usable bag or container so you can transfer the contents of your box . Whatever is convenient for you!
2) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact Jordan at Jordan@legacygreens.com.
- Please note that we do appreciate consistency as it's easier to manage for us, but we are happy to accommodate the occasional request.
3) I’m moving and I can no longer participate!
- Talk to us and we’ll figure something out. Jordan@legacygreens.com
4) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- Free 30 min parking on Ontario Street in front of our store!
- Goudie's Lane Parking Lot off of Queen Street N ($2.30 / hour). Great for short term pick ups as you can pay for shorter time periods (ex. 10 min = $0.40)
- Parking at the Duke Street Parkade (first 2 hours are $3.20)