Spring Box - Apr 19th- May 31st, 2023
The Ontario Spring Box Subscription is a 7-week produce box subscription that starts Wednesday, April 19, 2023. Each box will include 5-6 different items including flowers and seedlings on occasion! For example, we'll be sourcing wild edibles (ramps, fiddleheads), greenhouse crops, greens, microgreens, asparagus, rhubarb, herbs, radishes, mushrooms, spring onions and more! Boxes will contain a mix of conventional and organic produce.
The Spring Box will not provide you with enough produce for the entire week, but it will give you a sampling of what we have available right now in Ontario!
Farms that we source spring produce include:
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Burkhart Greenhouse Tomatoes, Wallenstein
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- Fertile Ground Farm (St. Agatha, ON)
- Little Fields Farm (Bright, ON)
- Local foragers
- We also buy from the Elmira Produce Auction, a cooperative of farmers selling locally grown wholesale produce.
First Pick Up: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Last Pick Up: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Cost: $196 (which works out to $28 / week)
Deposit Option: $50 due now. Remaining $146 due on first day of pick up.
Should you have any questions, please let us know! email@example.com or 519-760-2535.
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (18 Ontario St. N) on Wednesdays between 2pm and 6pm.
1) What do I need to do when I pick up my box?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 6pm on your pick up day
- Drop your name with a Legacy Greens staff member and we'll check you off the list.
- Bring a reusable bag or basket!
2) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact Jordan at Jordan@legacygreens.com.
- Please note that we do appreciate consistency as it's easier to manage for us, but we are happy to accommodate the occasional request.
3) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- Free 30 min parking on Ontario Street in front of our store!
- Goudie's Lane Parking Lot off of Queen Street N ($2.30 / hour). Great for short term pick ups as you can pay for shorter time periods (ex. 10 min = $0.40)
- Parking at the Duke Street Parkade (first 2 hours are $3.20)
- If you are arriving after 4:30pm, the gates at the Scotia Bank parking lot are usually up, and you can park there! When the gates are down, that parking is for Scotia Bank customers only.