Produce Box FAQs
1) What should I expect in my box?
- Our boxes are geared toward small households and have 6-8 items in 1-2 person portions.
- Boxes are seasonal and local: a combination of conventional and organic/sustainable produce.
2) When do I pick up my box?
- Pick up times are between 2pm and 7pm at the Legacy Greens store (10 King Street East).
- In 2018, we will be running produce box subscriptions on Wednesdays.
3) What do I need to do when I pick up my box?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 7pm on your pick up day
- Check in with a Legacy Greens staff member who will cross your name off the list. If you are sending someone on your behalf, just get them to drop your name.
- The boxes are made of card board and are intended to be taken home and either re-used in your home or re-cycled. Should you want to limit your consumption of cardboard in this program, you may decide to bring a re-usable bag or container so you can transfer the contents of your box . Whatever is convenient for you!
4) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact Jordan at Jordan@legacygreens.com.
- Please note that we do appreciate consistency as it's easier to manage for us, but we are happy to accommodate the occasional request.
5) I’m moving and I can no longer participate!
- Talk to us and we’ll figure something out. Jordan@legacygreens.com
6) Where can I share feedback on the box program?
- We would love to hear what you think! This is our first box program and we want to learn from our customers. Please feel free to email (Jordan@legacygreens.com) or call us 519.760.2535 or speak to us in person at the store.
7) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- The parking lot behind the store on Goudie's lane is free after 5pm (2.25/hr otherwise)
- Free 2 hour street parking in the downtown core
- Parkade parking at Charles and Benton Parkade or Duke Street Parkade, $3.20 for the first 2 hours.