Greenhouse Box - Mar 17 - Apr 7
We are featuring an Ontario Greenhouse Box that will get us through until Spring! The Greenhouse Box will feature approximately 5 items per week (and runs for 4 weeks), including: Elmira's Own tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, greens, microgreens, herbs, and other surprises.
The Greenhouse Box will not provide you with enough produce for the entire week, but it will give you a sampling of what we have available in greenhouses, right here in Ontario! It's geared toward 1-2 person households or small families.
Farms that we source produce include:
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Elmira's Own Tomatoes (Elmira, ON)
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- Working Centre Grow Greenhouse (Kitchener, ON)
- Elmira Produce Auction (Elmira, ON)
First Pick Up: Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Last Pick Up: Wednesday, April 7, 2020
Cost: $84 (which works out to $21 / week).
Should you have any questions, please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-760-2535.
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (18 Ontario St. N) on Wednesdays between 2pm and 6pm.
1) What do I need to do when I pick up my box?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 6pm on your pick up day
- Drop your name with a Legacy Greens staff member and we'll check you off the list.
- Bring a reusable bag or basket!
2) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact Jordan at Jordan@legacygreens.com.
- Please note that we do appreciate consistency as it's easier to manage for us, but we are happy to accommodate the occasional request.
3) I’m moving and I can no longer participate!
- Talk to us and we’ll figure something out. Jordan@legacygreens.com
4) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- Free 30 min parking on Ontario Street in front of our store!
- Goudie's Lane Parking Lot off of Queen Street N ($2.30 / hour). Great for short term pick ups as you can pay for shorter time periods (ex. 10 min = $0.40)
- Parking at the Duke Street Parkade (first 2 hours are $3.20)
- If you are arriving after 4:30pm, the gates at the Scotia Bank parking lot are usually up, and you can park there! When the gates are down, that parking is for Scotia Bank customers only.