Fall Produce Box - 6 Week Subscription (Sep 29-Nov 3)
The Fall Box Subscription is an 6-week produce box subscription that starts Wednesday, September 29th, 2021. Each box will include 6-7 local/seasonal items (ex. squash, Elmira's Own tomatoes, apples, herbs, greens, greenhouse crops (ex. cucumbers, peppers), root vegetables, onions, spinach, kale, etc. (boxes will contain a mix of conventional and organic produce).
The Fall Box will not provide you with enough produce for the entire week, but it will give you a seasonal sampling of what's available locally! It's geared toward 1-2 person households or small families.
Farms that we source produce include:
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- Little Fields (Bright, ON)
- Elmira's Own Tomatoes (Elmira, ON)
- Harwill Farms (Listowel, ON)
- Fertile Ground Farm (St. Agatha, ON)
- We also buy from the Elmira Produce Auction, a cooperative of farmers selling locally grown wholesale produce.
First Pick Up: Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Last Pick Up: Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Cost: $156 (works out to $26/week)
Deposit Option: $50 to reserve spot. Remaining balance due on first day of pick up.
Should you have any questions, please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-760-2535.
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (18 Ontario Street North) on Wednesdays between 2pm and 6pm
1) What do I need to do when I pick up my veggies?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 6pm on your pick up day
- Check in with a Legacy Greens staff member and we'll check you off the list.
- Bring your reusable bag or basket. We'll also have boxes on hand as well.
2) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact Jordan at Jordan@legacygreens.com.
- Please note that we do appreciate consistency as it's easier to manage for us, but we are happy to accommodate the occasional request.
3) I’m moving and I can no longer participate!
- Talk to us and we’ll figure something out. Jordan@legacygreens.com
4) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- 30 min street parking on Ontario Street. There's usually lots of space after 4:30pm!
- Duke Street Parkade, $3.20 for the first 2 hours
- Unofficial parking at the Scotia Bank Parking Lot after 5pm