Late Summer Box - July 26th to August 30th, 2023
The Late Summer Box Subscription is an 6-week produce box subscription that starts Wednesday, July 26th, and goes until Wednesday, August 30th, 2023. Each box will include 6-7 local/seasonal items (ex. tomatoes, peaches, berries, herbs, greens, beans, root vegetables, sweet corn, zucchini, cucumbers, eggplant, peppers, etc.). Boxes will contain a mix of conventional and organic/ecological produce.
The Late Summer Box will not provide you with enough produce for the entire week, but it will give you a seasonal sampling of what's available locally!
Farms that we source produce include:
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- Burkhart Tomatoes (Wallenstein, ON)
- Fertile Ground Farm (St. Agatha, ON)
- Romagnoli Farms (Beamsville, ON)
- Little Fields (Bright, ON)
- We also buy from the Elmira Produce Auction, a cooperative of farmers selling locally grown wholesale produce.
First Pick Up: Wednesday, July 26th, 2023
Last Pick Up: Wednesday, August 30th, 2023
Cost: $168 (which works out to $28 / week).
$50 deposit due upon signing up. Remaining balance due on first day of pick up.
Should you have any questions, please let us know! email@example.com.
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (18 Ontario Street North) on Wednesdays between 2pm and 6pm.
1) What do I need to do when I pick up my box?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 6pm on your pick up day
- Drop your name with a Legacy Greens staff member and we'll check you off the list.
- Bring a reusable bag. If you forget, we'll have some boxes on hand.
2) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that we do appreciate consistency as it's easier to manage for us, but we are happy to accommodate the occasional request.
3) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- Free 30 minute parking on Ontario Street
- Free 2 hour street parking on King Street
- Often the parking across the street at Scotia Bank is free when the gates are up (after 5pm). Otherwise, that parking is for Scotia Bank customers only.
- City Parkade Lots are $3.20 for 2 hours. The closest one is on Duke Street (Between Ontario and Queen)