Winter Box - Jan 18 - Mar 29, 2023 (every other week)
The 2023 Winter Box Subscription is an 6-week produce box subscription that starts Wednesday, January 18th, 2023 and will run EVERY OTHER WEEK until Wednesday, March 29th. Each box will include 5-7 different different items (ex. root vegetables, apples, greenhouse tomatoes, onions, greens, microgreens, cucumbers, mushrooms, and other surprises based on availability). Boxes will contain a mix of conventional and organic produce.
The Winter Box will not provide you with enough produce for the entire week, but it will give you a sampling of what we have available right here in Ontario! It's geared toward 1-2 person households or small families.
Farms that we source winter produce include:
- Bowman's Organics (Wallenstein, ON)
- Loco Fields (Stratford, ON)
- Maple Crisp Orchards (Elmira, ON)
- Elmira Produce Auction, a cooperative of farmers selling locally grown wholesale produce.
Pick Up Dates:
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Cost: $150 (which works out to $25 / week). $50 deposit required to secure (remaining balance due on the first day of pick up).
Should you have any questions, please let us know! email@example.com or 519-741-5858.
Boxes will be available for pick up at the store (18 Ontario St. N) on Wednesdays between 2pm and 6pm.
1) What do I need to do when I pick up my box?
- Arrive at the store between 2pm and 6pm on your pick up day
- Drop your name with a Legacy Greens staff member and we'll check you off the list.
2) What if I’m away on a pick-up day?
- You have a couple options:
- Give your box to a friend. No need to notify us, your friend can drop your name when they pick up.
- If you notify us a week in advance, we will arrange to have a “doubled-up” box the week before or the week after you are away. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that we do appreciate consistency as it's easier to manage for us, but we are happy to accommodate the occasional request.
3) I’m moving and I can no longer participate!
- Talk to us and we’ll figure something out. Contact: email@example.com.
4) I'm driving, any advice on parking?
- Free 30 min parking on Ontario Street in front of our store!
- Goudie's Lane Parking Lot off of Queen Street N ($2.30 / hour). Great for short term pick ups as you can pay for shorter time periods (ex. 10 min = $0.40)
- Parking at the Duke Street Parkade (first 2 hours are $3.20)
- Unofficial parking at Scotia Bank after 5pm when the gates are up.